Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The power of friendship...

This post is dedicated to all my friends...

The power of friendship is totally unimaginable... something I understood from my experience... During our school and college life, we normally spend more time with friends than we spend with our parents. That itself shows the effect friendship has on our character.

I believe all of you have already begun rewinding through the past to bring back the sweet memories with your friends!!!

Coming back to the blog, I have already told you that this is a blog from my experience... Friends have played a vital part in my life by shaping my character. I suffer from a lifelong disease called HEMOPHILIA (i will talk about this later...), that has locked me within the boundaries of my house for quite a long time now... (still so!!!)

It is here that the influence of my friends come in. I used to look at the outside world through my friends. Their support has taken me places that I never had imagined. Now, as my graduation is over, I still find it difficult to find a way to fill up the void!!!

I wouldn't have even thought of writing this 3 years back... But I have changed from then... Quite a lot!!! Thanks to my friends at the one and only HEAVY BETA !!! (that's what we call our class... Nice name... isn't it???) They took me places, encouraged me to reach out for the top, stuck with me in bad times, ... I felt as if I was at home... Something you don't feel that easily!!!

Within the batch itself, some have influenced me much more than others... but i don't want to go in individually... They laid out a new way of life in front of me... In the prologue itself, you can see that I am an engineer by qualification... But the people around me laid a new way ahead - teaching!!! Something I hadn't even expected myself... But this is something I feel good about - a change for the better... (or possibly the best!!!) They have not only laid out a new way of life, but changed the way I even think. The OUT-OF-THE-BOX attitude was infused within me by them, and it has given me quite a boost in achieving my targets, and that too with so much ease...

This was something I wanted to tell all of them directly... But with emotions running amok, I didn't want to exaggerate that... So, I resorted to the blog... and that too, the very first one...
I used to wish those days never ended... and it never will, since thay are always within me... and a part of me...

Now, this doesn't mean that my previous batchmates haven't done me any good... Everyone's the same as far as I am concerned...
But you all realize... Some things have a special place in your heart!!!

Just one more quote before finishing this:

Friendship has the power to heal... But it won't heal the void caused when you part with them!!!

To heal that void, no medicine has been discovered yet... But real friends will heal that automatically with each other...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Vinod ! I liked the vocabs used and more importantly the subject chosen. I second your thoughts propogated in this blog. I wanna see more of your thoughts (as blogs...). Pitch-in. I follow :-)

Mahalingam.P.R said...

Thank you... Many more posts to follow...